The Sam Houston Area Council, Boy Scouts of America, accepts nominations of Chartered Partners that have demonstrated excellence in relationships. One community-based organization from each district or division is selected by the Council Relationships Committee to receive recognition each year.
When selecting the recipient, evaluator looks for evidence of the following:
- Demonstrates outstanding or distinctive relationships beyond the normal expectation.
- Provides noteworthy service to youth, contributing to increased youth participation.
- Cooperates with the district and/or council.
- Involves the instructional head in the selection of quality unit leadership.
- Causes greater comprehension in the use of Scouting within the community organization.
2008 Grace Crossing, a Community Church of Christ
2007 The Woodlands Community Prebyterian Church - Sponsor for Pack, Troop, & Crew 1772 and Pack 1774
2005 Faith United Methodist Church - Sponsor for Pack & Troop 293
2003 Huntsville Kiwanis Club - Sponsor of Troop 114
2002 First United Methodist Church, Willis - Sponsor of Pack & Troop 161
2000 Christ United Methodist Church - Sponsor of Pack and Troop 889
1992 First United Methodist Church, Willis - Sponsor of Pack & Troop 161